Click to Call
Keslar Insurance Agency

114 Main Street
Newmarket, NH 03857

Get Directions
Keslar Insurance Agency Blog

Insurance Blog

Join us at our ribbon cutting with Exeter Chamber of Commerce

Red handled scissors cutting a red ribbon

We are excited to announce our official Ribbon Cutting Ceremony with the Exeter Area Chamber of Commerce on March 2 at 10 am at our office at 55 Main Street,  Suite 222 (Next to the Joinery Restaurant), Newmarket, NH. 03857.

Please come and join us for the festivities! Photos of the event to come following!



Traveling? Your homeowners insurance has you covered!

fireworks.jpgThis is travel season around this area with many of us looking to get a break from the cold and head to warmer climates. As you leave your home, you may be surprised that your homeowners insurance keeps working for you, often in ways you don’t even realize. Some items often covered by your homeowners include:

  • Lost luggage
  • Items stolen from your hotel room or your vehicle
  • loss of personal items you’ve shipped back from your trip
  • liability claims for things like broken windows when you are golfing!

There are some limits and exceptions to this. You will need to review your personal property coverage amounts on your policy and how they extend to property away from your residence. Often this amount is set at about 10% of your personal property coverage on your homeowner’s policy.

What if I’m taking a very expensive item like a ring or high-end camera?

If you are traveling with very valuable items, discuss with your agent best ways to make sure they are adequately covered- there are optional riders that may be appropriate.

What if your items are taken from your car when you travel?

Most people think this would fall under their auto insurance policy. Home contents insurance coverage will cover items that are usually on the residential premises but not in the home such as possessions stolen from inside your car. Again, how much coverage would depend on the home insurance policy limits. Note: Some auto policies now do offer some personal property coverages, so it is best to confirm with your agent.

What if I don’t own a home?

Renter’s insurance policies often cover similar situations. Considering the great pricing for many renter’s insurance policies, if you travel a lot, you may really want to consider putting a policy in place.

What if I’m golfing and break a window at a course?

These things do happen. Often your homeowners policy should cover the broken window, the golfer’s medical bills that may be incurred, and any legal defense for claims or lawsuits. This will fall under your homeowners insurance liability limits. Typically these start at $100,000 while many homeowners feel more comfortable with $300,000 in liability coverage these days, and wealthy individuals often opt for even more under an umbrella policy.

What about business travel? If you were on a business trip, and items lost were for your business, then they may be subject to any limitations in the home business travel within your policy. Often these can be capped at $1,000, but it can vary depending on your policy. So again check with your agent to review your specific coverages.

Home insurance and renters insurance policies provide great coverage for those items that are away from your home, including your valuable items. It is good practice to give a quick call to your agent to be able to rest-assured on your trip that you and your possessions are covered.

If you’d like to know more about this feel free to give us a call. We can be reached at 603-274-0953 or



Keslar Insurance adds Great Falls worker’s compensation products to their porfolio

Great Falls LogoAs we continue to grow our business, we continue to add premier partnerships with carriers which will allow us to offer a full range of insurance solutions to our customers. Therefore, we are happy to announce that we are now offering worker’s compensation insurance solutions from Great Falls insurance Company.

The Maine based organization was incorporated in 2010. Since then, they have been focusing on providing exceptional worker’s compensation insurance solutions to well managed small to medium sized companies in Maine where they can help them lower their premium costs and reduce their possibility of employee injury on the job. They are a collaborative company working with the insurance agent, the company management, the employee, and the community. Their goal is to be recognized as the preeminent provider of more affordable high quality workers’ compensation insurance programs for well run small and medium sized businesses and to pay legitimate claims fairly and efficiently.

If you are interested in learning more about Great Falls’ offerings or discussing worker’s compensation insurance solutions please contact us. or 603-273-0953.

When does your new teen driver need to be added to your auto insurance?

teen-driving.jpgExciting times. You have a teenager learning to drive. When do you need to notify your auto insurance company you have a new driver in your household?

In New Hampshire, teens  who are at least 15 1/2 are allowed to begin driving with a licensed adult 25 years or older in the front passenger seat. The teen must carry identification that shows proof of age. (For Maine rules see here:

You do not need to notify your insurance provider until your teen receives a valid NH driver’s license. At that time, you should contact your agent who can easily add the new licensed driver to the household.

Not all insurance companies are the same when it comes to teen drivers.

Some companies do have better rates for young drivers than others. In our experience, the cost difference can be surprisingly substantial. Therefore, we recommend that you shop around for the right carrier that can offer you the right coverages at the best value. An independent agent maybe a good choice as they can review your information with multiple insurance carriers on your behalf- saving you time, and in the long run money!

Need more information or assistance?

If you have any additional questions or would like assistance reviewing options, feel free to reach out to us at or 603-273-0953.

Photographers: your insurance needs are unique


camera.jpgAt Keslar Insurance Agency, we understand your unique business risks as a photographer. There are many instances when you may need coverage; what if someone steals your expensive photography equipment-maybe it is stolen at a shoot or out of your home or while on the road, or maybe there is damage done to your property while off-premises, damage done to your business documents and more.

All these things mean cost to you: cost to replace equipment or other property, cost of lost income when you can’t work while dealing with this issue, cost of failure to deliver your product. All can be so stressful.

To address many of these risks, we are committed to finding you an insurance carrier that will design and price a policy for you, based on your specific business needs.

Different coverages available include:

  • Replacement of stolen or damaged items
  • Coverage of photographic equipment you own while off premises
  • Coverage for loss of income and fixed expenses while the business is closed due to a covered loss
  • Coverage for failure to deliver photographic product
  • Loss of or damage to money, securities, and other property resulting from theft committed by an employee
  • Umbrella Policy- A broad form of liability insurance

As a business owner, it is important to be protected while creating memorable products for your customers. Contact us today if you have any questions or would like more information about business owner protection. Feel free to reach us at or 603-273-0953.

Get a Quote

What we offer


  • New Hampshire
  • Maine
  • Massachusetts



Our Trusted Partners

  • Concord Group Insurance
  • Foremost Insurance Group
  • Great Falls
  • Hanover Insurance Co.
  • Main Street America
  • MetLife
  • Mt Washington Mutual
  • Providence Mutual
  • Progressive
  • Safety Insurance