Boat insurance on and off the water.
With warmer temperatures arriving earlier than usual, the season for water activities is well underway. Whether you’re out on your boat every day or just on weekends, boat insurance should be top of mind during the summer months — and even beyond.
The Boat insurance coverage’s that you should have are;
· Liability, which protects other people and property if you’re responsible for an accident
· Comprehensive, for incidents such as vandalism, flooding, and fires that may happen to your boat
· Collision, for instances in which you hit another object and damage your boat
· Fishing Equipment, which protects your gear on board or while it’s being transported on or off your insured boat
· Uninsured Boater, which protects you in case an uninsured boat collides with yours.
Don’t forget about possible injury coverage….
And what about injuries? You’re most likely responsible if someone gets hurt on your boat, but did you know you could be responsible for injuries around your boat, too? If you bypass boat insurance, you won’t have liability coverage to protect you in cases that involve injury, which means you may be responsible for paying someone’s medical bills whether you’re using your boat or it’s sitting unattended.
Boat Insurance off the Water
Protecting your boat while it’s on the water is an easy decision, but what about when it’s not on the water? What about when it’s sitting in a slip or even in your yard? Even after boating season is over, you may think canceling your boat insurance is a good idea to save some money but a lot can happen while your boat is not in use. Here are a few reasons why you may want to keep your boat insurance year-round.
In fact, nearly two out of every 10 boat claims in northern states are filed between Labor Day and Memorial Day — when boating isn’t at its peak. Most of these claims are filed due to vandalism, theft, fire, or flooding, which can happen at any time, not just during warmer months.
If you’d like to see how inexpensively you can protect your quote feel free to call 888-216-6224 or go to our form on our facebook page.