It’s easy. Support a local NH Seacoast Business. Take a pic of the receipt and post it on our FB page and tag the business. We will enter you into a competition to win $100 gift certificate to a local business! Please support local today- we all need to do our part! www.facebook.com/keslarinsurance
We always want to be your personal connection for all your insurance needs. We love seeing our clients and knowing them. And we will continue to be here for you! Given the current and quickly changing global concerns with personal interaction, we wanted to clarify for our community how we can support you, without ever even stepping foot into our office!
We are fully staffed with licensed agents who can take your information over the phone and provide you with electronic copies of quotes which you can review at your convenience. We also have the ability to start a quote online on our website for you with 24/7 convenience.
If you do decide to move forward with us, we can address all the documentation virtually as well, using simple and secure e-signature software that you can use on your phone, laptop, tablets and other devices. We are happy to mail hard copies when necessary.
We are available via phone during our regular business hours to answer questions, accept bill payments, start claims, make changes to your policies, and more. Additionally, you can also reach us via email and text. (Note: No policies can be bound or changed until you hear back from a licensed agent.)
We also have a convenient and secure Client Center on our website which allows you to view policies, print insurance ID cards, update contact information, download documents and more all – any time, any day!
- Additional resources:
Although we pride ourselves in being your first point of contact for any service requests, Our website also lists the service contact information for each of our carriers, making it easy should you want to contact them directly to do things like pay a bill or start a claim.
We also have a robust searchable blog with over 100 relevant educational posts that can help answer many questions that you may have.
We are grateful to have leading technologies which allow us to provide robust and diverse options for our prospects and clients. Our goal is to provide exceptional service at all times, even when they are changing.
We thank you for your continued connection and look forward to a continued relationship.
The Staff at Keslar Insurance
Lifestyle changes affect many aspects of our lives to include insurance coverage. The auto insurance policy you purchased last year may have provided you with adequate coverage at that time, but is it still current today? By reviewing your policy annually, you’ll know if your coverage needs tweaking or is up to date. At Keslar Insurance Agency in Newmarket, NH, we can help you update your policy to ensure you’re getting the protection you need. Here are a few signs that it may be time to update your policy.
If you have new people driving your car regularly, such as your teen or spouse, you’ll need to update your policy to add them to your insurance. This ensures they’ll get full protection from your coverage. As teens are generally inexperienced drivers, you may want to add or increase certain types of coverage such as liability or collision to protect your vehicle and others against accidents your teen may cause.
A change in vehicles is a good time to update auto insurance. Your coverage should be enough to protect the value of your new car. If you took out a loan for your new vehicle, your lender may require you to have extra coverage such as collision, comprehensive, and uninsured motorist to protect his investment.
Moving to a new location could prompt you to update your auto insurance, especially if your car is at greater risk of theft or damage. If your new home doesn’t have an enclosed garage, your vehicle is more susceptible to damage from inclement weather, falling objects, etc., when parked in the driveway or street. You may want to add or increase your comprehensive coverage to cover this risk.
To update your auto insurance or purchase a new policy, call or visit Keslar Insurance Agency in Newmarket, NH.
Owning a successful business in the Newmarket, NH area requires a lot of hard work. The team at Keslar Insurance Agency is proud to serve the commercial insurance needs of our friends and family, and we look forward to working with you too. Our team understands the importance of business continuity, and that’s why we recommend that our commercial clients have sufficient business interruption coverage.
Is Your Commercial Policy Providing the Coverage You Need??
Commercial coverage is often thought of as a way to protect property and equipment, but there are several features available that enhance your protection. If your business is rendered inoperable due to a covered event, business interruption insurance can kick in to help you weather the storm. When a company is kicked offline, it can cause a domino effect. Cash flow can be disrupted, and costs for repairs and replacements can cause a severe dent in profits. With the proper coverage, your business can be kept alive while you work to get everything fixed.
Whether your premises is damaged and becomes uninhabitable, or your equipment is damaged and isn’t working, the right commercial policy will help you get back up and running while protecting your business at the same time. Don’t let an unexpected tragedy run your business into the ground; review your commercial policy today to ensure that it provides the protection you need. Life can throw a lot of curveballs our way, and having robust insurance coverage is one way to keep your business going through thick and thin.
Keslar Insurance Agency is here to answer all of your commercial insurance questions. It is our goal to provide the business owners in the greater Newmarket, NH area with the protection that they need. Contact our offices to speak with an agent and get a quote.
Make sure you know who your current agent is and how to reach them. Even better if you have a copy of your policies and know what you have for coverages. Both parties should know where they stand on insurance until they are on their own policies.
- Know that your credit can impact your insurance score as it is often one of the factors in insurance rating. Separation can impact your credit score as you are working to detangle financial responsibilities. Make sure you work to maintain your credit scores to help save money down the road.
- Car insurance: Cannot remove your ex without consent- typically in writing. If you have separate addresses, separate vehicle titles, One person will have to get a new policy.
- If you move, you need to notify your insurance provider- a new Zip code can alter your car insurance premiums.
- Typically the insurance follows the car registrations. This means whoever officially owns the car and registers it, that is the person who typically has the insurance coverage on the car.
- Never have a lapse in coverage if you can avoid it- even if it is only a day. This can significantly increase premiums. The person getting new coverage should get the new policy in place BEFORE being removed from the prior policy. In other words, do not allow yourself to have a lapse in coverage as this can be quite costly- even only if for a short period of time.
- Children in divorce situations: typically the parent with primary coverage will provide the insurance, but this can be part of the child support obligation negotiations.
- Best time to separate policies- when divorce is finalized. Once divorce is final, one party will need a new policy.
- If you ex is paying for insurance after the divorce, make sure the insurance company has all your contact info as well so you are notified if payments are no longer made.
- The widow penalty- when you are widowed some company’s increase rates by as much as 20%. This is because that person is now considered “single” and single drivers pay higher insurance than married couples. Have your insurance company let you know if premiums will be increasing when you change your status. If so, a good independent agent can shop for these things.
- If you need a new vehicle know the purchase price, theft rate, cost of repairs ,accident rate, and safety tests all impact the insurance price on the car- so it is not one thing.
- Consider AAA or roadside assistance option to keep you protected if you have car troubles.
- Partner with a good licensed agent who is responsive, supportive and educates you on process and you options. An independent agent can help you find the best insurance options for your particular needs by shopping a variety of carriers on your behalf. By doing so, they can reduce a lot of stress that can be part of this transition process.
Preparing your home for winter in Newmarket, NH is vital for staying warm and protecting it. By being proactive, you can lower energy bills and increase the lifespan and efficiency of the home’s components.
- Check Your Heating System: Take the time to change your filters and have it looked at by a reputable HVAC contractor.
- Seal Exterior Wood: The wood trim on the exterior of the house should be protected from the elements. Replacing trim can be expensive, so it’s best to make sure it doesn’t rot, to begin with.
- Check Drainage: Make sure soil around the foundation hasn’t settled because this can create areas for water to pool. Be sure the water is going to move away from the home.
- Clean Gutters: Once the leaves are off the trees, then you need to clean the gutters. When the gutters back up, it can overflow into the home.
- Clean the Chimney: Have the fireplace inspected before you start to build fires for the winter. Now is the time to get new firewood and make sure that the firewood isn’t rotten.
- Test Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Detectors: Winter is a typical time for house fires. Carbon monoxide can also be a big issue because the house is closed up. Check the detectors or consider getting some if your home is not equipped.
- Shut Down the Sprinkler System: Your sprinkler system should be shut down, and many systems require the lines to be blown out. The outside water faucet is not protected from the elements so it can freeze during winter. Take the time to do a necessary drain of the line.
- Check the Trees: Make sure trees are healthy, so they don’t fall on your home or your neighbor’s home during a winter storm.
- Be Sure Your Home Insurance Is Up to Date: Now is as good a time as any to check to make sure your home insurance in Newmarket, NH will cover any winter storms. An agent at Keslar Insurance Agency can help update your policy if needed.
Contact Keslar Insurance Agency to get a quote on home insurance and have your questions answered.
Insurance underwriters at numerous carriers now are requiring permanent egresses (exits) from upper level (2nd floor and above) rental dwellings. They are rejecting new policies and renewals if those permanent egresses aren’t in place.
What does that mean? It means that in order to have more carrier options for competitive premiums, that property must have this egress in place at the time of the quote. This includes single and multi-family properties.
What are acceptable egresses? Unfortunately, using portable fire-ladders are not an acceptable solution for these underwriting guidelines. Instead, there must be a landing plus permanent stairs or some such apparatus which allows people to escape to safety at ground level.
What about currently owned and insured properties? Some carriers are dropping coverage for those properties- so you will need to find another carrier who will be willing to take on the risk. Talk to your agent in advance if your current carrier is heading in this direction. This will allow you to plan to either add an acceptable egress or shop for a new carrier.
Who can help? Independent insurance agencies can work with you on finding the best carrier that can provide appropriate coverages for your properties. They should know which carriers are requiring these permanent egress structures. We’d be honored to be one of those carriers!
Want to learn more? Reach out to us and we are happy to answer questions and to provide a free quote!
About Keslar Insurance Agency
Keslar Insurance Agency is a full service provider of residential and commercial insurance products in New Hampshire, Maine, and Massachusetts. Keslar Insurance makes sure clients have the right insurance products to protect the most important things in life-family, possessions and business. Keslar Insurance employees focus on providing the kind of service and value we’d expect for ourselves and our families. Our products which include homeowners insurance, auto, life, umbrella, renters, landlord, boat, snowmobile, ATV, flood, commercial auto, business owner’s policies, general liability, worker’s compensation, motor home, camper, and more. For more information call 603-273-2953 or visit: www.keslarinsurance.com.
Most traditional insurers do not have an affinity the home short term rental programs when it comes to offering you traditional home insurance policies. This is because when you bring people into your home who aren’t the primary residents, there may be additional likelihood of claims.
Historically, this could have meant that you’d be looking at other more expensive insurance policies to then cover your home.
Good news, we now have a highly rated regional carrier who now will write a standard home policy, even if you are considering airbnb or their competitors.
Want to learn more? Reach out to us and we are happy to answer questions and to provide a free quote!
About Keslar Insurance Agency
Keslar Insurance Agency is a full service provider of residential and commercial insurance products in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts. Keslar Insurance makes sure clients have the right insurance products to protect the most important things in life-family, possessions and business. Keslar Insurance employees focus on providing the kind of service and value we’d expect for ourselves and our families. Our products which include Homeowners insurance, Auto, Life, Umbrella, Renters, Landlord, Boat, Snowmobile, ATV, Flood, Commercial Auto, Business Owner’s Policies, General Liability, Worker’s compensation, motor home, camper and more. For more information call 603-273-2953 or visit: www.keslarinsurance.com.
We wake up this morning full of gratitude. Last night we had the honor of winning the 2019 Best of the Seacoast award for Best Insurance Agency.
We couldn’t have dreamed of this without the support of so many.
- Our fantastic customers who allow us to service their insurance needs. We are so grateful for the trust you put in us.
- Our exceptional team who really treat our customers as they’d like to be treated themselves.
- Our amazing friends who voted, shared, and cheered us on.
- Our ever-supportive networking partners. We have so many in our lives who understand that a rising tide really does raise all boats.
- Our community in which we are grateful to serve every day.
- And of course, our family- those we love and cherish more than words can express.
We understand that this now sets an even higher bar of expectations from all with whom we come into contact. We are ready and up for the challenge and so grateful for the opportunity to continue to serve.
Lisa & David Keslar
We are excited to introduce Mindy Bedard as the newest addition to the Keslar Insurance team! We know Mindy’s diverse experience and commitment to the community will prove to be tremendous assets to our organization- and our customers!
Mindy has a background in mathematics education, and was a Middle School Math teacher for 12 years before taking time off to raise her 3 children. During that time, Mindy kept herself busy by running her own small business event catering, representing a high end skincare line, as well as facilitating wine tastings events for family, friends and small businesses. In addition, Mindy has started her own successful networking organization and attends others regularly. All this has left her well prepared her to understand and support the needs of our personal and business clients!
Mindy grew up and is now raising her own family in Auburn, NH with her husband, Todd. Both have been long term committed contributors to their community. Mindy volunteers as her school’s PTA Treasurer and social media coordinator. Her husband Todd is a Selectman for the town of Auburn. When not working or volunteering, Mindy and her family can be found enjoying amusement parks, spending days at the lake or beach, and cherishing times with friends. We are confident you are going to really enjoy getting to know her!
About Keslar Insurance Agency
Keslar Insurance Agency is a full service provider of residential and commercial insurance products in New Hampshire and Maine. Keslar Insurance makes sure clients have the right insurance products to protect the most important things in life-family, possessions and business. Keslar Insurance employees focus on providing the kind of service and value we’d expect for ourselves and our families. Our products which include Homeowners insurance, Auto, Life, Umbrella, Renters, Landlord, Boat, Snowmobile, ATV, Flood, Commercial Auto, Business Owner’s Policies, General Liability, Worker’s compensation, motor home, camper and more. For more information visit: www.keslarinsurance.com.